09 November 2007

Busy Busy end to Week


Yesterday I had a very full day, the Adelaide Craft and Quilt Fair in the morning and then Costume making for my son's class in the afternoon.

All I really wanted was beads from the craft fair and I achieved that with lots of glass pearls, bicones and square beads as well as a few feature beads and a fabulous lampwork bead by Sharon Griffiths from Beads Indeed, its not a very big bead but it is lovely. I think I will splurge on some swarovski pearls and crystals to go with it.


On Wednesday night I was introduced to Angelina Fibres and decided that I had to get some but it would have to wait until after the fair, but there was a stall Unique Stitching and she had Angelina Fibres and lots of other mix media bits and pieces to try so I got some of those things as well.
What I understand about using the angelina fibres is that you make fabric from the fibres by spreading them out and then ironing them between two pieces baking paper. I also got some dyed wool and dyed silk, and a kit with some luminere paint which you paint on fabric and heat set and they don't stiffen the fabric. Hopefully I get to have a play on the weekend but as I am writing this the kids are discussing the Christmas Pageant and Sunday is looking to be busy as well. Oh well it can wait ...

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

The beads are all very pretty