23 April 2009

Rain Glorious Rain



I decided to give the kids an outing today (guilt for working so much) so we headed down to the Maritime Museum at Port Adelaide.  It was quite interesting I especially loved all the figureheads the kids favourite bit was the big boat in the centre of the museum which they are allowed to climb all over.  The problem was there was a few groups of Vacation Care kids there so the boat was especially crowded.  There were other parts that I really would have like to have looked at more closely like the displays of the ships cabins where migrants lived while travelling to Australia starting from the 1800 to the 1950's but the kids weren't really interested in them.

SA is having a "Rain Event" we use to just call it just rain but now it is an Event because it has been so long since we have had actual rain not just showers.  It has been raining on and off for most of the day and it is set to continue for a few more days it is wonderful.

Only 2 more sleeps until Inspired Stitches and it is the perfect weather for sitting in a sewing so what more could we want.  Have nearly finished the binding on a quilt, I think I have said before that it is my least favourite job when making a quilt.   I would never pay to have a quilt quilted (because I love machine quilting) but I think that I would actually pay to have someone put the binding on.  Just have to join the ends together and finish the last 2 feet.

No comments: