17 August 2009

Well the Pants are finished the rest...

Struck a bit of a problem with the top yesterday. Because the denim is stretch and I mean very stretchy I had a bit of a problem putting the sleeves in. Have been mulling over it all night and have come up with a couple of ideas to try before giving up. I think if I put in some non stretch interfacing to the edge it will stop the fabric stretching as I sew to get the sleeve in and therefore stop the puckering. Otherwise both these patterns are super quick and super easy to sew, if I had used the recommended fabric (not stretch) I wouldn't of had the problem but I wanted a dark denim and they only had a soft one in stretch (which was great for the pants). If all else fails I will have to purchase another piece from Sarah for the bodice, but it look's lovely in the denim so that will be a last resort.

p.s. My work around worked a treat so I can finish the tunic to go with the pants now. Had a lovely time this morning dyeing Leanne's op shop wool finds and think she will have a bit of show and tell tomorrow if she can wait that long before washing them out. We were very good and didn't make a big mess that is until Leanne left and then I tipped over a cup of unused dye all over the pavers, and all over my hubby's card table (if I put it away maybe he won't notice), splashed some bleach on the pavers and that got most of it out rain will do the rest .....hopefully.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I hope you blamed the wind.

Sue said...

Love missies pants they look great she will look a million dollars in them. Just seem over at Leanne's blog the fruits of you day's dyeing .... looks fabulous. As I said to Leanne if you have too much Im more than happy to take some off your hands! :) Cheers S