18 November 2009

Night at the Movies


My friend Sue and I went to the pictures last night and saw Julie and Julia. I must admit that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I wasn't expecting it to be as funny as it was. Earlier this year some of the Sloanies on the forum were comparing the movie to the book mentioned and that they didn't like the character of Julie, but I quite liked her it was about her growth as a person. It was quite a love story too especially the story of Julia between Julia, her husband and of course food. So if you get the chance go and see it.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi,
You are right the movie was fab and yes much funnier than I thought ... good to have a girly night out! Thanks! We will have to do it again! I have already told a few people to go see it. Have a good day. Stay Cool.
Cheers S

Lynda said...

I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it - loved the scene in the powder room when the two French ladies realised how tall Julia was. You are right about Julie growing - I thought she was lovely. Found Julia's voice just the tiniest bit annoying by the end of the movie but it really suited her over-the-top personality.