02 July 2012

Eye Candy

I wasn't sure I was going to venture down this path again, but this fabric just sings to me.  It isn't so much the patterns on the fabric, but it is the colours.  So with a deep breath here is the start of my second Block of the Month.  I have been busy sketching all weekend in between family commitments and I have all the embroidery bits clear in my head.  Now I just have to work out how to put it all together.

Its the first day of school holidays and I am looking forward to a slow in pace for a couple of weeks.  I'm off to work today and the kids are going to Nan's for the morning. Hubby and I will be sharing Holiday duty, which works pretty well most of the time and I think we may even have a couple of days mixed in where we are all home.

Squid is a bit tired and emotional at the moment, I think this last term is the hardest of the school year, by the end of it we are all a bit tired and emotional but she seems to be feeling it a bit more than the rest of us.  She is having a few "friend" problems and we have been trying to help her deal with it.  I think the friends have just been together for too long and they maybe need a break so the holidays have come at a good time.  Hopefully after a 2 week break they will be back to being nice to one another.

Xmas in July starts today, I think I will be on my way to work when the first pattern is released so I will have to wait. If I get a minute I might sneak a peak when I get there otherwise I will have to wait until I get home.  It is always so exciting to see who is the first cab off the rank.

3 comments:

Marg said...

I've been thinking about this fat quarter bundle for ages too. I love the colours, you may have just pushed me to purchase it.

Shay said...

Is there anything prettier than a bundle of fabric waiting to be made into something fabulous?

Hope Squid has a relaxing holiday. At this age girls can be so bitchy!

Kate said...

Beautiful colors in that bundle. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Hope Squid recovers her spirits over the holidays. My DT is on summer break and she's so much more pleasant when she's not dealing with the daily drama at school.