12 July 2013

School Holidays

The kids have been lucky with the weather for the school holidays we had another full day yesterday.   I had a massage book for the morning and Squid had a physio session.  We then headed to Waterfall Gully as Squid is entering a Science Competition in the photography section so we needed to take some pictures of running water and I thought this was the best place to do that.

We have also been doing an experiment or two and capturing that as well.  A couple of more shots and she should be able to put her piece together.  

Obviously the in thing to do for the uber cool is to drive to Waterfall Gully in your lunch hour and walk to Mt Lofty in your lycra, because there was lots of pretty young things just doing that.  Luckily I assed a park between a couple of 4WD's.

After we climbed to the top of the waterfall, there was no way I was heading to Mt Lofty, Maestro decided that we needed to go to Bonython Park playground.  Which was packed with more kids than I really need to be in the vicinity of, but the kids had fun.   Squid even felt like getting on the flying fox which I wasn't sure was a good idea but there were no consequences to her back so all's well.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I do love a visit to water fall gully. I think I would die if I had to walk to the top. Gemma and Lucas do it every now and again.

Shay said...

I love Waterfall Gully ( but I would have nixed the hike to Mt Lofty too - that just sounds like way too much exercise!)

Kate said...

Looks like a fun outing. I bet Squid got some fantastic photos.