03 April 2014

Austenland

Are you an Austen tragic, got to admit I am.  I like nothing better than to sit and stitch and watch or listen to one of the many screen adaption, except for that terrible version of Persuasion with Rupert Penry-Jones and Sally Hawkins.

Austenland came up on Quickflix and I quickly looked at the trailer and thought it might be good for a laugh, and it came the very next delivery.  I have watched it twice now.   Last night with Squid ... the trouble with watching movies with my daughter is she asks a lot of questions during a picture if she misses something.  But we were both in stitches through it which meant there were lots of questions as we missed bits.  I watch it today without all the questions and laughed even harder.

Its stars Keri Russell, JJ Feild, Jennifer Coolidge and Jane Seymour as the posher than posh Austenland operator.

If you love all things Austen and can laugh at a fellow tragic look for this video.  There is lots of male eye candy at every opportunity and lots and lots of laughs.


1 comment:

Kate said...

I've never heard of this one, but it looks like fun.