12 July 2014

Busy Busy Busy

It school holiday time, I am enjoying the break from schedule and I managed a couple of sleep in this week.  This morning I finished the last of my Xmas in July projects and they have headed up to Lou so that she and Sarah can work their magic and put the event all together.  The roll off designers is all new apart from me and Cheryl so it is bound to have a fresh new look this year and I am really looking forward to seeing what they all come up with.  There is still the usual chat to meet the designers and competitions so roll on 25th of July.   I have a few sneak peaks on my Facebook page  and if that wets your appetite you can head here to sign up.

Did I mention that I am teaching at Patchwork by Sea.  The projects are all done and I just have to finalise the all important class notes which I will be working on over the next couple of weeks.  The details are:

Raw Edge Appliqué (Tis the Season) is on the 26th of July

Introduction to Patchwork (5 week evening class) commencing 29th July

Needleturn Applique with a choice of 2 projects on 20 September.

You can read all the details on Patchwork by Sea's newsletter which pictures of the projects and contact details for the shop.

I am really excited about this opportunity.

In the next 3 weeks I have to also finish some study for work, that might be next on the list as it is bound to be mighty boring and really just needs to get done.

DH and I both have a day off together next week and we are planning a trip to Monarto Zoo with the kids... we haven't mentioned it yet to them.   It is all dependant on the weather which has pretty bad lately so if the forecast is for rain we won't be attempting it.

I tried to pick up this quilt last night and I had completely lost the plot on where I was going with it, I managed to sew on one leaf and thought I had better stop and have a look at notes and templates that I have abandoned for the last few weeks.

Its quiet here at the moment squid has a friend over and the boys have headed out to visit my MIL probably a good opportunity to get on with the TODO list.



2 comments:

Shay said...

Good Luck with the teaching- it sounds exciting and Im sure you'll make it interesting and fun.

School holidays is usually quieter for me at work - but that seems not to be the case at the moment!

Kate said...

Enjoy the teaching opportunity, that sounds to be both fun and stressful.

Enjoy your school holidays. DT has 4 more weeks of holiday before she heads back to school. With all the volleyball activities, they will go fast