25 July 2017

School Holiday's have come to and end 😢





I have loved the change in pace though I have managed to late to work a couple of times.

Mo and I did quite a bit of walking to the beach during the holidays and did a couple of trips all the way to Henley which is about 6km round trip from our house. We have just come home from a bit shorter walk this afternoon after school.

We also saw a few movies, Baby Driver which we loved I'm not usually into car chases but I really enjoyed all the driving choreographed to music, Despicable Me 3 another winner how can you not love minions and The House which we both hated, and nearly walked out halfway through I kept waiting for it to get funny and it just didn't and got more senselessly violent.

We have a new edition to the household.  Mo purchased the cage a few months ago to get a cockateel but she wanted a baby that she could tame.  Her Dad took her to a local bird guy to ask if he was expecting babies in the spring and he told her he had a hand reared one that had had a fall and had injured his leg but expected it to heal in a couple of weeks and she could have him cheap,  and bring him back if he didn't improve.  I think he is staying and it has been quite good for Mo as she is really focusing on the bird and not on all the other stuff that goes on in her head.  He already sits on her hand.

I have updated the Putting it together documents on the Celtic Tree of Life.  There is now a template for the knots for the corner stones  and more instructions for the border.  I have finished stitching two of the knots and I think I will do a post on what I have found the best way to glue the knots in place without wrecking your paper template.

Picture of the 4 knots are below.







1 comment:

Kate said...

Lots going on at your place. Love your new addition. Does he/she have a name yet? The knots turned out beautifully. Hopefully life will at least even out for a bit.